APPO National Conference | April 8- 11, 2015
The Caribe Royale | Orlando, Florida
Breakout Descriptions and Speakers
Is High Speed Scanning Right for My Business?
Ann Matuszak and Mollie Bartelt
Would you like to learn the benefits of adding a Kodak Picture Saver high-speed scanner to your business and learn how to leverage the scanner to gain new clients and create additional revenue opportunities so that you get a quick return on your investment? High speed scanning services can enhance the photo organization of your business in many ways. It replaces the old flatbed or printer scanners, which are major sources of frustration and are time killers. Customers want a better solution.
- Discover ways to increase your profit margin on scanning photos.
- Learn how to use high speed scanning as a community education tool.
- Learn how to position your scanner as a rental option for an additional source of revenue.
- Learn how to prepare a budget for a high speed scanning that includes a clear path for your return on investment.
Bake In Small Business Profits
Would you like to elevate your small business from being too much like a hobby and have it become a part time business that can be professionally and financially beneficial for you and your whole family? You can use your strengths AND your weaknesses to stay afloat, become financially fit, and be happy in your many professional roles. You can learn why your small business and working for yourself might be more profitable than you thought it could be. This workshop translates good marketing practices into dollars and cents as well as into actionable steps that meet each business owner’s own goals. And most importantly, each attendee will complete a 1-page business plan during our time together.
- Learn how to build a team, even if (especially if) you are a sole proprietor.
- Learn what the 80/20 rule has to do with your to-do list.
- Learn what savings can do for your business (and your sanity).
- Learn how to pay yourself first, even if you don’t think you can.
- Learn how to make effective choices about where to spend your time on social media and other types of marketing.
- Learn how to organize your work to drive profit, not just activity.
- Complete a 1-page business plan during the session.
Creating a Marketing Toolkit for Small Business and Event Success
How do you reach the maximum number of potential clients when you have a limited amount of time? One of the best ways to scale your exposure is to conduct events that give you an audience of more than one. The next key step is creating an integrated marketing toolkit that enables content reuse and efficient follow up so that you can move these potential clients into your sales funnel. Using a combination of events and proper marketing will drive your business growth and success.
- Learn how to publicize events from start to finish and how to follow up post-event.
- Learn how the Constant Contact Toolkit can streamline email marketing, event registration, online surveys, and social campaigns.
Photo Organizing Workshops: How To Engage and Excite Your Audience
Holding a photo organizing workshop or class is a fun way to engage participants in telling their story and managing their memories. It is also a great way for you, as a Personal Photo Organizer, to market to potential customers. The more fun they have at your workshop and the more they accomplish, the more they will want to hire you (or tell their friends to hire you)!
- Review sample workshop agendas, complete with timed segments to use as a road map.
- Learn best practices to effectively help your students learn how to organize printed photos and memorabilia.
- Learn how to position yourself as the expert and position yourself for long-term client relationships.
- Understand key words and phrases you can infuse into your presentation that will establish your credibility, professionalism, and expertise.
Insider Tips With APPO’s Authorized Trainers
Sherra Humphreys & Rita Norton
Would you like to learn how to present yourself as an expert even if you don’t feel like one yet? We’ll share how to start strong with your very first clients. We’ll show you how to invest your time (and less money than you think!) to launch your photo organizing business. You’ll leave with a list of essential components for building a strong, successful, and profitable business.
- Learn how to create your ideal client profile.
- Learn how to market with tools you already have.
- Learn how to price for profitability.
- Learn how to use technology in your systems & workflow.
- Learn how to choose your vendors.
How to Get Media Exposure for Your Business
Would you like to find out how working with the local media can help you to grow your business faster than you ever imagined? Gaining more media attention is an excellent way to increase exposure for your business and get more clients. Believe it or not – it’s easier than you think! Marketing experts say that, on the average, potential customers need to see, hear, or read about your company at least seven times before they decide to do business with you. It doesn’t take long after starting a business to realize that you need to think outside of the box when it comes to marketing your company, finding new clients, and increasing revenue.
- Learn how to reach your target market through the media.
- Learn how to write an effective pitch and get it in front of the right media channels.
- Learn how to develop key media relationships for long term gain.
- Learn how to leverage media attention for maximum impact.
The Nuts and Bolts of Remote Digital Photo Organizing
You can expand your clientele reach, save time, and make more money by offering remote digital photo organizing services. This workshop will teach you what you need to know to begin offering remote digital photo organizing and using best practices to ensure your success.
- Learn the basic methods and tools needed to perform remote services.
- Learn how to prepare a client for remote services and how to foster your long distance client relationship.
- Learn best practices to make sure you deliver superb services remotely every time!
The Turtle Wins The Race: Helping Your Leads Cross the Finish Line
Mollie Bartelt and Ann Matuszak
Would you like to learn how to manage the sales cycle from lead to client, using marketing efforts that are steady and consistent? During this session you will learn how to leverage your marketing plan to capitalize on the long lead times a prospect can have before becoming a paying client. This lead time is your opportunity to establish credibility while building a friendly, professional relationship without being perceived as pushy or aggressive.
- Learn how to determine who your prospects are.
- Learn how to segment your prospects into A, B, C categories.
- Gain tools to engage prospects.
- Learn how to track engagement with your prospects.
- Learn how to find the right CRM for your business.
How To Brand Your Business On Any Budget
Like it or not, your brand is more than a pretty business card or well designed website. A proper brand should have you standing out in the crowd, all the while creating a legion of loyal fans. You will learn step by step how to use the power of psychological persuasion and the science of neuro-marketing to influence your audience. These insider secrets are usually reserved for large corporations such as Google, PayPal, and Apple. You’ll learn how to bring these powerful tools to your brand and small business.
- Understand how to truly communicate both verbally and non-verbally with your target client on an emotional, buying level.
- Learn to create marketing materials that are cohesive, cost-effect and convert.
- Learn how to strategically build a strong, lasting brand that creates loyal, lifelong customers.
De-cluttering the Mystery Behind Printed Photo Organization
Would you like to explore organizing methods, tools, safe photo handling, storage and client management? In this workshop, we will unlock secrets used by organizing experts for moving efficiently through a client project. Working with printed photos and memorabilia is the mainstay of a healthy photo organizing business.
- Understand photo safe handling and storage.
- Assess scope and estimating time and your client contract.
- Learn what you should you have in your printed photo organizing toolkit.
- Learn "organizing pitfalls” and how to avoid them.
- Learn how to manage your client through the process.
Building a 6 Figure Photo Organizing Business: How to Build a Profitable Team Business Model
Are you a one-person photo organizing company? Are you turning clients away due to your demand? Are you so caught up in the day-to-day technical work of your organizing work that you can't get to your administrative and financial operations and tasks? If you are good at what you do but are not making the profit that you want, this is your opportunity to learn how to develop the potential growth that will allow you to increase your revenue to over six figures. Remember, you started your business to make money - we all do! In this workshop you will learn EXACTLY what you need to do to design your company's structure for maximum profitability. With this tried and true business model, you will have the freedom to keep organizing photos (when you want to) and oversee your ever-expanding empire in one of the fastest-growing professional niches out there!
- Learn how to expand your team to include other professionals.
- Learn hiring tips and basic job descriptions.
- Learn training techniques and best practices for working with employees or subcontractors.
- Learn how to increase your bottom line while decreasing your stress levels.
- Learn how to ensure that your clients keep coming back for more!
The Ultimate Guide to Content Prospecting - How to Get More Clients With Blogs and Emails
In this session, you will be able to use specific formulas for crafting a much better email - from the subject line, through the value proposition, to the closing - that will enable a much better open rate and response. You will also learn an 8-step formula for writing a blog, coupled with a road map for creating a fan base and transforming those fans into customers and clients.
- Learn how to write effective emails (length, look, links, attachments, proofing, subject lines, and messages that can't be ignored).
- Learn 8 incredibly simple ways to get more people to read the content of your blog and become customers and clients.